Research results of CompMusic are being presented at the 4th International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis that takes place in Istanbul, Turkey, on June 12th and 13th, 2014. Andre Holzapfel and Baris Bozkurt are part of the local organizing committee.
These are the articles presented by researchers and collaborators of CompMusic.
- S. Şentürk, S. Gulati, and X. Serra. “Towards Alignment of Score and Audio Recordings of Ottoman-Turkish Makam Music”.
- E. Benetos and A. Holzapfel. “Incorporating pitch class profiles for improving automatic transcription of Turkish makam music”
- D. Fossum and A. Holzapfel. “Exploring the Music of Two Masters of the Turkmen Dutar Through Timing Analysis”
- M. Kemal Karaosmanoğlu, B. Bozkurt, A. Holzapfel and N. Doğrusöz Dişiaçık. “A symbolic dataset of Turkish makam music phrases”
- G. Dzhambazov, S. Şentürk, and X. Serra. “Automatic lyrics-to-audio alignment in classical Turkish music”.
CompMusic will participate in the panel session on “Analysis software for the musics of the world” and we have also support the workshop by sponsoring the keynote talk of Martin Clayton.