Rāgawise and Sawaal-Jawaab
Sankalp Gulati, Kaustuv Kanti Ganguli, Swapnil Gupta, and Ajay Srinivasamurthy developed two real-time prototype systems named Ragawise and Sawaal-Jawaab in HAMR, a day long hackathon event that happened last month as a part of ISMIR conference in Malaga, Spain. Ragwise won the prize for the Best Code.
1. Ragawise: A lightweight real-time raga recognition system for Indian art music (currently works for Hindustani music).
- Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMj_PvHEqM
- Try it yourself: https://dunya.compmusic.upf.edu/ragawise/
- More details: http://compmusic.upf.edu/node/281 & HAMR Proceedings
2. Sawaal-Jawaab with Tabla bols: Call-response improvisation with vocals and tabla.
- More details: HAMR Proceedings
- Code: https://github.com/ajaysmurthy/sawaaljawaab
(Note: Starts an audio metronome on opening the page. Open only when you are ok with a sound playing)
Both these hacks work best on Chrome browser. If the browser asks for microphone permissions, please select "Always Allow". If it shows a certificate error, please click on "I understand risks and take me to the site". The hacks are in a prototype stage, so please refresh and reload the page if something does not work.