On July 9th we had a general meeting of the MTG in which we presented all the current work being done at the MTG in the context of CompMusic. We videotaped all the presentations and added them to the CompMusic Youtube channel. The individual presentations were:
- Xavier Serra: "Exploiting domain knowledge in MIR: the CompMusic example"
- Mohamed Sordo: "Gathering musical data from diverse sources"
- Sankalp Gulati: "Discovery and Characterization of Melodic Motives in Indian Art Music"
- Ajay Srinivasamurthy: "Analysis and characterization of rhythmic patterns in audio collections of Indian art music"
- Sertan Senturk: "Linking Scores and Audio (for Makam Music of Turkey)"
- Rafael Caro & Shuo Zhang: "Studying the relations between lyrics and music, the case of Beijing Opera"
- Gopala Krishna Koduri: "Knowledge-based similarity measures for music"
- Alastair Porter: "Dunya: a browser for audio music collections"