2nd CompMusic workshop: provisional program
Submitted by xserra on Sat, 21/04/2012 - 19:56
Here are the titles of the accepted abstracts to be presented at the 2nd CompMusic Workshop that will take place in Istanbul on July 12th-13th 2012.
- M. Subramanian: "Generating Computer Music from Skeletal Notation for Carnatic Music Compositions"
- Srikumar K. Subramanian, Lonce Wyse, Kevin McGee: "Modeling Gamakas of Carnatic Music Using a Two Component "stage-dance" representation"
- Christian Frisson, Onur Babacan: "MakamCycle: An Interactive Tool for Browsing Makam Music"
- Ajay Srinivasamurthy, Sidharth Subramanian, Gregoire Tronel, Parag Chordia: "A Beat Tracking Approach to Complete Description of Rhythm in Indian Classical Music"
- Ajay Srinivasamurthy, Parag Chordia: "A Unified System for Analysis and Representation of Indian Classical Music using Humdrum Syntax"
- Stéphanie Weisser, Matthias Demoucron: "Sculpting the sound. Timbre-shapers in classical Hindustani chordophones"
- Eren Özek: "The concept of çeşni in Turkish music and the analysis of performance-theory differences in digital environment"
- Punita G. Singh: "Auditory Scene Analysis and the Performance and Perception of Tabla Rhythms in Hindustani Music"
- Suvarnalata Rao: "Culture specific music information processing: a perspective from Hindustani music"
- Andre Holzapfel, Bariş Bozkurt: "Metrical Strength and Contradiction in Turkish Art Music"
- Bariş Bozkurt: "Acoustic Features for Analysis of Makam Music"
- Erdem Ünal, Bariş Bozkurt, M. Kemal Karaosmanoğlu: "Incorporating Features of Distribution and Progression for Automatic Makam Classification"
- Tan Hakan Özaslan, Xavier Serra: "Computational Characterization of Ney Embellishments"
- Joe Cheri Ross, Vinutha Prasad, Preeti Rao: "Segmentation of signature phrases in improvised bandish in Hindustani music"
- Amruta Vidwans, Preeti Rao: "Distinguishing raga-specific phrases rendered in Hindustani and Carnatic style"
- Gopala Krishna Koduri, Joan Serrà, Xavier Serra: "Computational analysis of Intonation in Indian classical music"
- Frederic Font, Xavier Serra: "Analysis of Freesound Folksonomy"
- Sankalp Gulati, Xavier Serra: "A system for tonic identification for Hindustani and Carnatic music"
- Ashwin Bellur, Vignesh Ishwar, Hema Murthy: "A Knowledge based signal processing approach to tonic identification for Indian Classical Music"
- Ashwin Bellur, Vignesh Ishwar, Hema Murthy: "Phrase spotting using supervised learning techniques in Carnatic Music"
- P. Sarala, Hema Murthy: "Applause Analysis of Concerts and its relevance to archival of Carnatic Music"
- Sertan Şentürk, Xavier Serra: "A Computational Approach for Audio to Score Matching of Makam Music in Turkey"
- Mohamed Sordo, Gopala Krishna Koduri, Sertan Şentürk, Sankalp Gulati and Xavier Serra: "The CompMusic Browser - a tool for discovering culture-specific musical aspects"
- Mohamed Sordo, Gopala Krishna Koduri, Joan Serrà, Xavier Serra: "Extracting semantic relationships from a dedicated Carnatic music on-line community"
- Okan Murat Ozturk: "A Semiotic Approach to the Analysis of Makam Melodies: The beginning sections of melodies as "makam indexes""
- Olivier Lartillot, Mondher Ayari: "A Computational Formalization of Modal and Motivic Analysis of Maqam Improvisation"
- T M Krishna: "Gamakas, musical motifs and raga identity"